Thursday, November 3, 2011

Traffic

As I sit in traffic, as a passenger, I can't help but wonder how much worse will the traffic be when all of my generation's children start driving?  They make the roads bigger and bigger.  They take them up and over and down and under, but will there ever be enough road?  Now, in addition to teaching our kids the basics of driving, we will have to teach them how to deal with road rage.  Caroline already pipes up from the back seat, "mommy, why is that guy driving so slow?".  I know where she gets it too, my husband of course!!  I am a perfect driver who never gets angry at anyone and the only time I signal someone with my hand is to wave them over.  Right.  I am so guilty of road rage, if you tailgate me for no reason, I will slow down and pace the car next to me.   I have found that if we listen to music or have a conversation, I am less likely to flip someone off.  Finally, I would like to remind everyone, your vehicle comes with something called a turn signal, use it.  It is the driving equivalent of saying please.  If you are trying to merge in front of me and you don't have it on, I will not let you in, you didn't say the magic word!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment