Monday, October 17, 2011

First Post

So, it has been 2 weeks since I lost my job. 

I guess I was what most people would have called a work-a-holic.  I worked 40+ hours per week and often brought it home with me.  Being out of work was not something I was prepared for, as most people these days aren't, and it is proving to be a big adjustment for me.  I have a 5-1/2 year old daughter, Caroline, and a 4 month old son, Spencer.  My husband Mark is in his last year in the Air Force and retiring at the end of May next year.  We are in the process of moving back to our home in New Jersey in November.  Although we are all excited to go, we will not be going together.  Mark will have to stay down here until his "final out" date in April.  It is for these reasons that I have decided to look at my current situation in a positive way.  If I was working, I would not be able to get my house in order before the movers get here to pack us up and I would not be able to take the time needed to properly get us settled in NJ.  Also, it would have been a real struggle for me to try to juggle my job, the house and 2 kids in daycare/school by myself.  Now, I know that there are women out there who do that everyday, and I give them props, believe me.  This will allow me to finally decorate Caroline's room the way I want to and get everything organaized the right way the first time. 

I hope that if anyone decides to follow this, that they will laugh when I'm funny, cry when I'm sad, and tell me to "Snap out of it" when I start to feel sorry for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment