Friday, October 21, 2011

To hoard or not to hoard.....

Being the sentimental person that I am, (thanks dad), I am having difficulty trying to sell some things at my garage sale this weekend.  Up until this point I had in storage every stitch of clothing that Caroline ever had.  I used to tell myself that it was in case we had another baby, but when we saw Spencer's twig and berries on the ultrasound, that excuse didn't fly with Mark anymore.  When I start to regress, and want to keep it all, I just watch Hoarders.  If there is any show on TV today that can sway people into giving up the dreams they have for their crap, it is that one.  So, for the last few weeks, I have sorted, hung up and even sold some of my precious angel's outfits.  The big sale starts today, so we will see how I fair when someone wants to buy the cute pink with puppies outfit we brought her home from the hospital in.   I think I need a tissue.....

1 comment:

  1. Christina, look in my Craftiness album on FB, I started making a quilt of all of Beaux's baby clothes, up until his 5 T's. I started by just cutting out squares (the cute sections of the onesies or Pjs, T-shirts, etc) and the 6 rubbermaid bins dwindled down to 1. I then started sewing them together, and OMG! It's becoming the most incredibly soft (and my most treasured) blanket in the world. And I joke to Ben that he'll find me in the fetal position wrapped up in it when Beaux moves out. Just an idea...that way you can keep your sentiment and not have the clutter. (Btw-I tend to hoard too...)

    ReplyDelete